According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts should be cleaned at least once every three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the age of your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence this timeline. How can you see if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some signs that you should watch for.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are completely opened, do any have less adequate airflow than others?
2. Can you hear a sound other than your blower motor when you focus on the airflow?
3. Is there an obstruction in your cold air return vent?
4. When you glimpse inside with a flashlight, do you see a buildup of debris or pet fur?
5. Have insects or rodents made a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns covered with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers blowing out dust?
If you replied “yes” to any of these questions, it might be time to contact J & J Air Conditioning in Eastland about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are steps you can take to maintain your ducts and extend the time between professional cleanings.
Most importantly, schedule regular HVAC maintenance with the professionals at J & J Air Conditioning. Annual checkup of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system working at peak performance. Checking your system on a regular basis and replacing the air filter when necessary will also help keep your ducts clear.
Other ways you can help manage your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let dirt in from places such as your attic.
• Check your air filters regularly and put in new filters when needed.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your house.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in unsatisfactory or moist condition.
Keeping your ducts clear will help you make sure the air in your Eastland home is clean. Be sure to use these preventative measures and schedule a professional duct cleaning now. Call the experts at J & J Air Conditioning at 254-355-3833 or make an appointment online.