One of the most critical parts of the winter is staying cozy and warm. Of course, staying comfortable is important throughout the year, but during the winter it is even more necessary. Winters in Eastland are unpredictable and the frostiest days can often pop up on us, sometimes when your furnace is ill-equipped. So, before you ask a specialized technician, here are a few things you can examine first:
- Check your filter – grimy filters are one of the most widespread causes of unexpected furnace failures. Air has a more difficult time passing through filters once they are grimy or dirty, causing the system to shut off often times. The older the furnace, the trickier it might be to find the problem, while newer furnaces are created to point out clogged and dirty filters before further troubles arise. Changing furnace filters every month or so can counteract these issues and keep you comfortable.
- See if your batteries are weak or dead – keep continuous tabs on your thermostat batteries to guarantee that there isn’t a flashing low battery light or indicator on your thermostat. If there is, it’s time to switch out the batteries on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” – it can be easy to overlook small things like the settings of your thermostat. Double-check this important step, especially if there was a relevant rise in temperature that may have caused you to change the “heat” setting.
- Check your switches – in your home’s circuit breaker panel, find the breakers that operate your furnace:
- [Ensure|Guarantee|Confirm]48] that the switch is in the On spot. If it is Off or in the middle of the two sides, change the breaker to Off and then reset it to On.
- The switch that seems like a light switch should also be in the On, or Up, spot. It can easily be misidentified as a real light switch, which is why it is frequently the issue with furnace troubleshooting. Once it’s back On, the system will only take a few minutes to reboot.
Walking through these steps is an easy and effective way of confirming the efficiency of your furnace before you set-up a call to your Eastland expert. If there are still problems after you have worked through these steps, you will have a much better idea on how to update your [[technicians|specialists|experts}69] on what the problem might be. If you have questions or need to arrange a repair, call J & J Air Conditioning in Eastland.