Living at ease in the summer can be taken for granted, particularly until you feel a taste of discomfort with an air conditioner breakdown. It can occur at the worst moments; you’re eating lunch and suddenly feel how warm your kitchen feels or you can’t fall asleep at night because you are so hot enfolded in your covers. Think you’re feeling this uncomfortable feeling? It might be an occasion for an air conditioner replacement.
More often than not, it isn’t the thermostat’s mistake; the settings can be working correctly, but it still reads that the temperature is over 80 degrees. It’s often times caused by an old or faulty air conditioner that demands a call to the professionals to find out what’s wrong. There are many explanations why air conditioners stop working, especially bearing in mind the weather in Eastland. Here are a few things that you can look for before you call J & J Air Conditioning if you think your air conditioner has quit working:
- Broken outdoor fan motor: There is a fan motor on your exterior air conditioning system that helps flow the heat from your home to the outdoors. If you inspect your system and see that the fan isn’t running, it means that the heat relocation isn’t occurring, causing the warm air to remain in your home. This malfunction can also cause overheating of the compressor and other likely internal destruction to your system.
- Dirty filters: It’s one of the most familiar problems that J & J Air Conditioning sees. These unclean filters in your air conditioner reduce appropriate airflow, affecting the air quality in your home, which is really difficult when allergy season strikes. Unclean air filters can also decrease the efficiency in your home and boost your monthly energy costs.
- Blocked air flow: Always search for an obstacle or obstruction in your return-air or supply-air grille. This can cause your air conditioner to decrease efficiency and slow down.
TIP: Make sure the grilles aren’t hidden by furniture or other home items, as well.
- Outside obstructions: Good air flow could be also deterred from outside barriers near your system, such as shrubbery, trees, lawn chairs, etc. When the air flow is deterred, it can affect it’s cooling abilities. Make sure that your system is uninhibited by obstacles and is cleaned regularly to decrease the chance of air conditioner replacement.
Once you’ve completed these four system checks and your air conditioner still isn’t running, here are a list of questions and tests that you should check and answer to get your system up and running again. (Only move on to the next question if the system doesn’t switch on after doing the step before it):
- Is your thermostat temperature set below the indoor temperature?
- Is your system switch in the COOL setting?
- Is the outdoor unit power supply switch ON?
- Is the furnace/air handler power supply ON?
- Is your house fuse box/breaker box whole or has it blown a fuse or tripped a circuit breaker?
- If none of these things alter your system procedure, call J & J Air Conditioning at 254-355-3833.
Don’t let an air conditioner malfunction or replacement keep you restless at night. If you follow these steps and keep your system under regular maintenance, you should have you air conditioner working again in no time. Our team at J & J Air Conditioning in Eastland is always here to be of service – give us a call at 254-355-3833.