Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Eastland during the cooler months, when they’re needed the most to keep you toasty. While you know the team at J & J Air Conditioning will always be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is important and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to check if it turns on.
- If everything looks accurate, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call J & J Air Conditioning at 254-355-3833 and we’ll return your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.