Summer has arrived! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To optimize your comfort and truly relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a fun summer in Eastland is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While J & J Air Conditioning consistently recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning in the heat.
- First, another chance to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter regularly! Replace the filter per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold season. Starting your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can severely damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s performance. mow the grass, clean out any debris and eliminate overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you start it this summer. Be sure to check the area at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you want it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These easy steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call J & J Air Conditioning in Eastland at 254-355-3833 today.