You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to stay cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the first thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is the perfect time to get that scheduled. The pros at J & J Air Conditioning have put together a few tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we previously mentioned, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you find small problems before they become major problems, and it can help ensure your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Switching the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a huge difference on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having trouble getting accustomed to the new temperature, try modifying it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will swiftly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A grimy filter will keep air from passing through freely, which will cause your system to work harder, which hikes up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors could be the reason you’re losing both heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are fantastic ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your J & J Air Conditioning technician is over for your regular furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can assist you in deciding if it is time to check into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
There’s never a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will be the jumpstart you need. If you need to schedule your regular furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 254-355-3833.