Whether you like winter or favor the warmer months in Eastland, most of us make adjustments to ensure our home’s temperature keeps us cozy. This can have a big impact on your monthly bills, but there are steps you can take to help lower those costs.
- Look at the weather stripping – After many years, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to pinpoint any drafts that should be addressed.
- Utilize your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be useful in keeping your home warm. Keep them open during the day when the sun is out, and make sure to close them at night, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter regularly to see if it needs to be switched out. We advocate at least once every three months, but every household is different, so that can vary.
- Purchase a programmable thermostat – It may seem like just a handy way to make sure your home stays warm, but programmable thermostats can also save money on your heating bill! You can fix temperatures to be lower when you are away from the home or sleeping. Using your heat more efficiently helps lower your bill.
- Add insulation to your attic – Check to see if you have an adequate amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a great tool to decrease the chances of heat escaping.
- Book routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs a little attention, too. Hiring professionals to clean and maintain your system will give you piece of mind that your system is operating effectively and efficiently. They can also identify small issues that could end up as more costly repairs if neglected.
- Assess your HVAC system – If you notice your energy bills are continually increasing—regardless your efforts to increase efficiency—it might be time to purchase a replacement heating system. The professionals at J & J Air Conditioning can help you examine the performance of your HVAC system and walk through your options for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps reduce the amount of money you are having to spend on heating bills, but many of them can help your heating system work more efficiently. More efficient energy use also improves the health of your equipment, which means your system will last longer.
If you need routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide more tips on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give J & J Air Conditioning in Eastland a call to get started. Give us a shout at 254-355-3833 or arrange an appointment with us online.