When it’s cold in Eastland you count on your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you might have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system looks to be working well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. An old air filter can block air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are different reasons you may have to have a furnace repair. The quicker you can call for a furnace repair, the better. If you notice any of the following symptoms, call in an expert, like J & J Air Conditioning.
1. Your furnace is noisy. You may have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises that are unfamiliar.
2. Your blower isn’t operating how it should. Is it running for enough time? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You could have a problem with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating up enough. Have you increased the temperature again and again but aren’t feeling any difference? This could signal a few different problems. It could be something wrong with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t large enough for your house.
4. Your electric bill keeps growing. Your usage is stable but your bill keeps climbing. This could signal some different problems. Your HVAC expert will help sort out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is important. If you smell gas, stop your furnace at once and cut off its gas supply. Don’t light any matches or turn on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect it.
6. You find water gathering around your furnace. This is the result of a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC professionals to fix.
You’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair now that you’re knowledgeable about these common symptoms. The experts at J & J Air Conditioning will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.