During the cooler Eastland months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it occurs, a simple call to J & J Air Conditioning will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should watch for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call J & J Air Conditioning as soon as possible if you observe any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be inspected by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is not big enough for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility costs, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from J & J Air Conditioning can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, call us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call J & J Air Conditioning at 254-355-3833 or book an appointment with us online.