Having routine air conditioning service completed at least annually can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Eastland summertime, have the experts at J & J Air Conditioning complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, retrieve any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than unlawfully releasing it to the environment.
- Look for correct airflow throughout the system.
- Check the correct electric control sequence to make sure of adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters frequently is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that easy can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at top efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We suggest looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will bank on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call J & J Air Conditioning today at 254-355-3833.