Usually the first response when the heating or cooling unit is not performing as it should is to call for duct cleaning services. While it makes sense to assume that there might be accumulated dirt in the air duct overtime, there are certain things to check for before deciding on cleaning the ducts.
This service may only be necessary if you notice certain things that affect the air quality indoor. Here are some reasons to have the ducts cleaned.
- All or some members of your household may display illness resulting from allergy issues. If you have done all you can to get rid of possible allergy triggers to no avail, then you should decide to add duct cleaning to your list of things to do.
- You might see that animals such as rodents have obviously infested or living in the air ducts. Ensure the animals are removed and have the duct thoroughly cleaned.
- Following a cleaning and vacuuming of the registers, if you see evidence of odors, hair from pets or any other debris entering the room via ducts, then clean the ducts.
- Take a look inside the ducts of the unit and if you see mold growing there, do not hesitate to have them cleaned. Contaminants will negatively affect the body organs.
- If any type of remodeling took place in your home which might involve a great amount of dust, the duct should be cleaned. Even though the ducts must be blocked during the renovation process, if there was any removal of lead paint or asbestos reduction, these may become wedged in the duct.
In cases such as these, duct cleaning services is your best option. Aim for good and clear air quality in your room by having the system checked and clean if necessary. Remember to choose a reputable company or technician for the job.